One crucial factor that gamblers from the Middle East must be sure of is choosing the right payment method for their online transactions. This is because most countries in this region prohibit any form of gambling. Thankfully enough, many online payment options have emerged. Most of these are reliable, secure, and trusted by over a million people worldwide.
An example of an e-wallet service brand is Skrill. It has continued to make digital payments simple, secure and quick since it was founded in 2001. Skrill is a part of the many top-rated brands to develop global payment solutions for people’s business and needs.
The services that it covers would not limit whether you deposit funds on a gaming site, purchase online or send money to your family and friends. This is because it also complies with the needs of businesses worldwide. Skrill has become leverage to help businesses like online casinos build a global customer base and drive growth.
What is Skrill?
Skrill used to be known as Moneybookers. It is an online payment method that lets players make payments at almost every online casino that supports this method. Skrill allows its users to stay anonymous. This means that you will be able to cash out your winnings securely. You can withdraw your money with a Skrill debit card.
There’s no doubt that this e-wallet service has bagged the trust of many online gamblers around the world. This is why you must keep a lookout for online casinos that offer Skrill as both a deposit and withdrawal method.
Skrill is a convenient method because of its wide coverage. It even allows you to trade online with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Litecoin.
Many users think of this e-wallet as a perfect way to pay attention to their bankroll as well. This is because your standard local bank account statements can become so piled up along with the other regular payments you make daily. Skrill can help reduce that traffic because it lets you track all your transactions. This includes how much you have spent as well as what comes in and out of your Skrill fund wallet.
To top it off, Skrill also has an app that is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. This way, you will never be so far apart from accessing your account.
How to apply for Skrill in the Middle East?
Anyone can apply for a Skrill account. This includes players from Middle Eastern players. It is easy and would only take a few minutes of your time. Follow the steps below to set up your e-wallet journey with Skrill!
Here is how to register an account:
Step 1: Visit Skrill’s official website. You can also click on this link to be redirected to the site instantly.
Step 2: Click the ‘Register’ button at the top right corner of the page.
Step 3: Fill in your first name, last name, country, your preferred currency, and your email. Set up a password you will use for your Skrill account.
Step 4: Once you are done, click ‘Register Now’.
Step 5: You will be redirected to a new page. Fill in the fields with your address, birth date and phone number. Click ‘Next’.
Step 6: That’s it! You now have a Skrill account.
You will be asked to set up the two-factor authentication option or to create a PIN. This will protect your Skrill account and security once you have completed your profile information.
How to verify your Skrill account?
Increasing your limits would only require additional account verifications. This procedure is quick and easy.
Skrill will give you the option to provide additional verification of your identity. This is prompted once you start to use your account to make online transactions.
You can do this by uploading scanned photos of any of the following documents:
- The front and back of your driving licence
- The photo page of your passport
- Front and back of your national ID card
- Address verification document like your most recent utility bill
- Face match/a picture of yourself (selfie)
How to add funds to your Skrill account
Depositing via Skrill is very simple. All you need to do is visit your preferred online casino’s deposit page and select this e-wallet as your option. You need to enter the amount you intend to deposit to your account. You will be asked to input the login details of your Skrill account. Follow the rest of the instructions as indicated by the casino to top up your balance in no time.
This is part of the verification process for your Skrill account. This means that you need to complete the verification of your account only after your first successful funding. You can fund your Skrill account by using any of upload choices available in the ‘Deposit’ section of your account. You can also fund your account by receiving money from other Skrill customers or merchants.
You can upload a copy of your photo identification documents by clicking on the banner. This will show on the homepage after you log in to your Skrill wallet. You can also upload them by going to the ‘Settings’ section of your account. This found under ‘Verification’.
This will then take you to the ‘Verify your Account’ page. This is where all remaining verification steps will be displayed on Skrill.
Here are some of the options you can opt for when you verify your account:
You may choose to verify your account via your Facebook profile. You can also follow the standard verification flow options as explained below:
- Download Skrill’s Mobile App – This is the fastest and simplest option there is. It will let you download Skrill’s app and use your phone to take photos. You need to upload them to Skrill’s secure verification system. You can download the Skrill application via the Google Play or the Apple App Store. You may use your smartphone camera to easily finish this verification step.
- Upload Photos – This is another fast option that will allow you to use your webcam to capture or upload photos of the front and back of your ID. You may even take your selfie with you holding a handwritten note. This should be visible as you will be required to write ‘Skrill’ and the date on a white paper.
How to withdraw your winnings from an online casino with Skrill
There are several withdrawal options that you can use to withdraw funds from your Skrill account.
Here is a complete list of all the available options:
Skrill to Skrill Send Money – This withdrawal option is available for most Skrill users. It will instantly send money to other Skrill user. All you need is the recipient’s email address details.
Transfer to a merchant – This is an instant withdrawal option that will let you transfer funds to a merchant site.
Send money to a NETELLER wallet – This is an instant withdrawal option that will allow you to transfer funds from your Skrill account to your NETELLER wallet. The transaction is then transmitted into the NETELLER wallet instantly.
Skrill Prepaid MasterCard – This will let you make instant payments and ATM withdrawals.
Skrill Virtual Prepaid MasterCard – This well let you make online purchases wherever MasterCard is accepted.
Withdrawal to a bank account – This lets you transfer funds from your Skrill account directly to your bank account.
Local bank withdrawal – This is only available for members that reside in selected countries. The Local bank withdrawal lets you transfer funds from your Skrill account to your bank account in no time.
Withdrawal to a VISA card – This lets you transfer funds from your Skrill account to your VISA card.
Withdrawal to a MasterCard card – This is available for members that reside in selected countries. The withdrawal to a MasterCard card lets you transfer funds from your Skrill account to your MasterCard card in no time.
Withdrawal to Mobile Wallet – This lets users from selected countries withdraw funds from their Skrill account to a mobile wallet registered in their account.
Skrill may have a no service charge feature, but you need to be mindful of the foreign exchange (FX) fee. A 3.99% fee will be applied to any Skrill transaction that involves changing currencies. This rate percentage is subject to change.
Advantages of using Skrill in online casinos
- Deposits using Skrill at most online casinos will be credited instantly to your casino wallet
- It is a handy withdrawal tool and is proved to be quicker than several other options
- A casino Skrill payment is often free.
- The only details needed are your login email address and password at online casinos. You do not need to input your credit or debit card details.
- It can be used for many online transactions
- There is no transfer fee when you send money directly to a bank account
- Skrill’s site has a calculator software you can use to see how much you would save by sending for free with Skrill
- It is FCA Regulated
- It has millions of customers globally
- Skrill integrates a leading risk and anti-fraud technology
- It would only take a few minutes of your time to create a Skrill wallet
- You can bring all your payment details together in one place with Skrill
- It supports forty currencies
- You can access your money wherever you are 24/7
- Skrill is fast, easy to use
- It has a secure app that lets you access your account wherever you need it
- You stay in control with simple, secure and quick payment methods. This includes storing cards and your account balance
- You can make ATM withdrawals with Skrill
- It is easy for Skrill wallet holders to send and receive money.
- All you need is an email address to transfer money to other Skrill account holders
Disadvantages of using Skrill in online casinos
- You may experience a hidden charge when you exchange money using different currencies
- The exchange rate is slightly higher than other platforms
- There have been cases of Skrill locking some users’ accounts when a large sum of money was being transferred