What Kind of Bonuses You Can Use on Live Baccarat Games
Any online casino that wants to expand its user base will offer several fantastic bonuses. Online bonuses significantly improve your odds of winning and are available in different packages. If you are unfamiliar with the type of live baccarat promotions, let’s walk you through the basics.
Signup bonuses, also called welcome bonuses, are some of the most popular casino promotions online. They can turn the odds in your favour by offering free cash or bets. And the most common types of welcome bonuses include no deposit and match deposit bonuses, as well as cashback offers.
No Deposit Bonuses
Online casinos sometimes offer promotions that can be claimed without making an initial deposit. These offers are called "no-deposit bonuses.
" However, these offers are usually accompanied by strict wagering laws. Hence, you must familiarise yourself with the rules before getting excited. Remember, if an offer sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
Match Deposit Bonuses
In this case, you must make an initial deposit to claim a welcome bonus. The casino will match the deposit amount up to a specific amount to boost your odds. These are called match deposit bonuses
, and they are the most common type of casino promotions. Use them well to play your favourite live baccarat games. Like always, don't forget to read the wagering requirements before signing up.
No Wagering Bonus
Certain casino bonuses don't come with wagering requirements. This means players can withdraw the bonus amount to the bank if they choose, without placing a single bet. Needless to say, no-wagering bonuses are extremely rare and are offered for a limited time only. If you find an online casino offering no wagering bonuses, claim it before it runs out.
As live baccarat is quite popular, casinos tend to offer VIP memberships to high rollers. And while every casino has unique offers, loyalty programmes generally unlock additional benefits. These might include greater perks, easier playthrough requirements, simplified deposit and withdrawal methods, sporadic promotions like cashback offers, free games, and reload bonuses, etc.
As the name suggests, certain casinos will refund a portion of your bets every week. This is called a cashback bonus, and it prevents you from overshooting your weekly bankroll. Look out for the highest cashback percentage before signing up, but read the playthrough requirement to ensure that the rules are practical enough.
Not all live baccarat casinos will offer every type of bonus for every payment method. For example, there are casinos where you can get some of the best bonuses when you choose bank transfers and cryptocurrencies, but you may not get certain deals if you use debit or credit cards or mobile wallets like NETELLER and Skrill. We strongly advise players to read the bonus terms and payment rules carefully before signing up for online gambling.
Live Baccarat Simple Strategies
Since live baccarat is a game of chance, there is no confirmed way to win every hand. However, some strategies can help increase a player’s odds of winning. Let’s walk you through each in more detail.
This strategy involves increasing and decreasing your wager based on your winning or losing streak. For instance, you start with €10 on the first bet. If you win the hand, you bet €30 in the next round. You continue to the next bet only if you win the previous one. If you win four rounds consecutively, you restart the cycle with the first bet.
This strategy minimises losses and offers massive winnings for every successful cycle. And while this strategy has got nothing to do with the cards on the baccarat table, it is an excellent way to stretch your budget and can be used by both hobbyist punters and high rollers.
In live baccarat, you have two sides – “Banker” and “Player.” You must wager on either to start a round. This strategy leverages the low house edge by betting consistently on one side. While there are debates on how long you must continue betting, experts recommend a stop-loss after three to five consecutive losses.
You can either wait until your preferred side starts winning or bet on the other side. This strategy focuses on reducing losses based on probability theories. And like most betting strategies, this one isn’t foolproof. You must strictly enforce a bankroll to avoid overspending.
This strategy is quite similar to 1-3-2-4. But unlike the latter, in paroli, you double the stakes after each successful cycle. Hence, the system is 1-2-4. You restart from the base betting value after completing one successful cycle. The belief behind this strategy is that winning streaks don’t last forever. So, make the most of it while you can.
This strategy does not change the probability of the outcome in any way. Of course, there are chances of you scoring big on a winning streak. However, you are equally prone to losing huge amounts when the outcome isn’t favourable. Paroli is best used for short-term gains.
Top Live Baccarat Bets
Baccarat live has three simple betting strategies. So, it is quite easy to learn. But before delving deeper into the details, you must remember that out of all the top casino games, baccarat has one of the lowest house edges if you make the right bets.
- Banker Bet – Betting on banker wins has a 1.06% house edge and it pays out at odds of 1:1. This is the best betting strategy as it has the lowest house edge.
- Player Bet – Betting on player wins has a 1.24% house edge and it pays out at odds of 1:1. This is the second-best betting strategy for the same reason.
- Tie Bet – Depending on your preferred casino, you can win at odds of 9:1 or 8:1. However, the house edge skyrockets to 14.36%, making it the worst bet in the game. Avoid tie bets at all costs.
Here are our top tips for keeping the house edge reasonable while making the game a little more interesting.
- Stick to Banker Bets – If you are allowed to place a banker bet, take it! It reduces the house edge significantly while giving you a fair chance of winning the hand.
- Avoid Tie Bets – With a house edge exceeding 14%, punters generally refer to these as sucker bets. The awful odds tend to overshadow the bigger payouts.
- Ignore the Scoreboards – Scoreboards often promote the gambler’s fallacy by recording the outcome of previous rounds. Remember, recent results don’t predict future outcomes.
- Avoid Playing Mini-Baccarat – Mini-baccarat is played faster since a real dealer hands out the cards. Faster rounds equal more games per hour, meaning your chances of overspending increase drastically.
- Follow a Bankroll – Effective bankroll management ensures that you have the most fun without overspending. The trick is to place small bets to increase the gaming duration.
Live Baccarat Rules
The rules of baccarat are fairly straightforward. Real dealers hand out two cards each to the “banker” and the “player.” The goal is to get as close to nine with three cards. The card values are as follows.
- Ace equals one point
- 2 to 9 are counted at face value
- 10, J, Q, and K have zero points
If a hand exceeds nine, the second digit of the final value is considered. For instance, 2 + 7 + 4 = 13. So, the hand is worth three points.
Every baccarat hand plays according to a fixed set of rules. These are the regulations for the player’s hands.
- If the Player’s first two cards equal 0-5 points, they must draw a third card
- If the Player’s first two cards equal 6-7 points, the Banker will draw on a score of 0-5
- If the Player or Banker scores 8 or 9 in the first two cards, they win the round
The banker must also draw according to the following criteria.
- If the banker’s two-card score is 0-2, they automatically draw the third card.
- If the Banker’s two-card score is 3, they draw if the Player draws any third card except an eight
- If the Banker’s two-card score is 4, they draw if the Player draws a third card between 2-7
- If the Banker’s two-card score is 5, they draw if the Player draws a third card between 4-7
- If the Banker’s two-card score is 6, they draw if the Player draws a third card between 6-7
- If the Banker’s two-card score is 7-9, they don’t draw a third card
The banker always follows these rules, even if it means playing with two cards. The drawing rules for both players and bankers automatically apply. And the game has a theoretical RTP of 98.94%.
Live Baccarat on Mobile
Most online casinos today offer their entire gaming portfolio on the go. This allows players to access their favourite live casino games right on their smartphones and tablets. Online baccarat is very popular globally, and most casinos offer mobile gaming to cash in on the popularity. Our recommended casinos allow you to play live baccarat online.
The top online casinos are available on Android and iOS devices. So, sign up on reputable gaming sites to access the most popular games on the go. Modern casino games are designed to function impeccably on desktop and mobile devices. Hence, you won’t miss out on the exciting features when playing baccarat on mobile devices.
However, there are a few things to remember before you start playing live baccarat on a mobile device. Let’s go through the essentials.
- When connected to public WiFi, make sure the network is reputable and trusted. You should never share confidential information like personal and financial credentials on an unsecured network.
- When connected to mobile data, make sure the carrier offers sufficient bandwidth for a seamless experience. Don’t forget to check the data balance periodically to avoid incurring a massive phone bill.
- Make sure your device has sufficient battery life to power your gaming duration. If your device dies halfway through a game, you could suffer losses. And while that isn’t the end of the world, it mars the gaming experience.
Live Baccarat Variations You Can Play
Several baccarat variations are popular online. And while the basic rules stay the same, there are a few differences. Let’s look at the top baccarat variations popular globally.
In European baccarat, players can stand on a total of five, while the banker can draw a third card from the deck. The rules of European Baccarat are pretty similar to those of American Baccarat or Punto Banco.
American Baccarat, or Punto Banco, is quite popular in South American nations. The game follows the standard rules of baccarat and is played with 6 to 8 decks. In this variation, the casino is always the dealer.
Chemin de Fer
One of the most popular variations at European casinos is Chemin de Fer, where, unlike Punto Banco, the role of the banker rotates between players. The player can also choose between standing or drawing if their hand is worth five points.
The game is quite similar to Chemin de Fer except when it comes to assigning the banker. In Chemin, the banker’s role moves from one person to the next every time the banker loses. While in Banque, the player who makes the biggest bet becomes the banker.
Live baccarat is the perfect balance between land-based gambling and online gambling. While the rules of live baccarat depend on the game, you play against humans instead of AI robots. This accentuates the experience significantly by mimicking the real-world ambience.
If you are in a hurry, this is the variation for you. On average, a game round lasts 25 seconds! The game lacks banker and player positions. Instead, two cards are dealt to the Tiger and Dragon. The player bets on which hand has the higher value.
Live Baccarat Conclusion
Playing live baccarat is pretty similar to gambling at land-based casinos. The game has 6–8 decks, and the player must beat the banker by trying to get a hand as close to nine as possible. The aim is to guess which hand will win at the end of the round. Correct guesses win!
Whether you enjoy land-based gambling or online casinos, live baccarat is the perfect mix of the two. Beginners can try their hands at live baccarat from home by quickly learning the ropes on Google. The process is quite simple, as the rules of the game are straightforward.
Liban Casino shortlists the top live casino websites online, effectively helping you make informed decisions. Our experts analyse several parameters while comparing multiple casino sites. You can find your ideal baccarat platform by browsing our recommendations.
If you are yet to try your hands at live baccarat, check out the best platforms above. Several casinos allow players to play for free before joining a baccarat table for real money. Leverage such opportunities to master the game before investing a dime!
If you are new to live baccarat, it’s natural to have questions about the game. In this FAQ, we try to answer the most common questions.
What Are the Benefits of Playing Live Baccarat?
Live baccarat is the perfect mix of land-based and online gambling. Hence, you enjoy the best of both worlds. You can find your favourite variation, interact with fellow players, and watch the dealer host the game in real time, all from the comfort of your home.
Is Live Baccarat Safe?
Playing live baccarat is safe as soon as you play at casinos with valid security certificates and licences from reputable global organisations like the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority.
Can I Use Bonuses for Live Baccarat?
You can use casino bonuses to improve your odds when playing live baccarat. Most casinos offer fantastic bonuses like cashback offers, no deposit bonuses, and match deposit promotions. Look out for the best deals to maximise your chances of winning big.
Can I Play Baccarat for Free?
Most online casinos offer demo games that you can play for free. Try your hands at your favourite variation before investing in live baccarat. Since the rules are simple, you won’t require elaborate practice sessions. A few quick rounds should be enough to wrap your head around the basics.