Life is a race. You gotta be the one who gets to reach the finish line. The same thing can be applied when you play competitive casino games like Poker and Blackjack. If you want yet another different casino table game experience than the average Poker game you are used to, then why not try a card game of Rummy?
Casino Rummy originated in Spain. It can be played by two to six players. However, you may choose to play it in solo mode at online casinos. The fun doesn’t decrease when you decide to play Rummy by yourself. Here’s what makes Rummy fun to play more than your ordinary card game.
How to play Rummy online casino
Rummy is a card game wherein you must strive to improve the hand you are dealt with. The number of cards dealt would depend on the number of players in the game. The remaining cards, if any, from the deck are then placed in the centre as the discard pile.
The goal of rummy is to be the first player to play all his cards into ‘melds’. A meld can be a set of three cards with the same rank or a set of cards in the same suit. Your aim to win in Rummy is to put (or meld) your cards into two types of combinations:
- Runs: Runs are consecutive sequences of three or more cards of the same suit
- Sets (or Books): Sets are made up of three or four cards of the same rank. If you are using two decks, a set may include two identical cards of the same rank and suit.
- Gin Rummy is the most popular version of Rummy found at online casinos that is enjoyed by players because of its simplicity and fast-pacing feature. Here is how you play Gin Rummy at an online casino:
- Decide if you want to play Rummy for free or for real money.
- You typically receive ten cards depending on the number of players that will play in the game.
- You start your turn by drawing a card from either the deck or the discard pile.
- The Joker card is basically your best friend in a game of Rummy. Just like in Pai Gow Poker, the Joker can be used as a wild card that can improve your winning hand.
- If it is possible, lay down a meld on the Rummy table layout. You can put down as many melds as you can per round. However, only one meld per round is allowed in some versions of Rummy at online casinos.
- You lay off cards on existing melds on the table. For example, if there are five of hearts, six of hearts, and seven of hearts present on the table, and you have eight of hearts in your current hand, you can place it down to make a meld.
- You are allowed to lay off as many cards you want during the game.
- You end your turn by placing one card onto the discard pile. If you draw from the discard pile, you can not discard that card in the same round. If you only have one card remaining that you want to discard, you put it face down on the discard pile and win the game!
- The game will continue to run like this until one player gets to finish all the cards from their hand. You are not always required to end the game by discarding a card onto the discard pile. If you can lay down all your cards in melds, or lay them off on existing melds, you can also do so to win the game.
Rummy is best played with other players. However, you can still experience the same thrill it gives to you when you choose to play it on solo at an online casino. Now that you know the objective of the game and the basic instructions on how it is played, try to play Rummy for free at an online casino.