The traditional Chinese game of Pai Gow is often played with a set of tiles or dominoes in a complicated series of layouts. If you want to spice up your casino game, then go ahead and try playing the traditional version of the Chinese game Pai Gow. You get to play Pai Gow for real money at an online casino by using chips. Know that you are playing Pai Gow online against the dealer. Here is how it is played:
Pai Gow is not the same as the domino game. Most Chinese Pai Gow games on online casinos use 32 tiles. When tiles are placed together, they form what you call a ‘hand’ just like in Poker and any casino card game. Observe how every Pai Gow tile has between two and twelve dots on it. The number of dots on a Pai Gow tile will determine the tile’s name and rank. You need to place a bet before you receive your tiles.
You must pay attention to the patterns of the dots on a Pai Gow tile. The dots on the tiles are arranged in different patterns. These patterns can really make any difference in how the tiles are played during the game. The colour or the orientation of the tiles don’t really matter in Pai Gow. The dots on the tiles usually come in colours red or white. Every tile is part of a pair. If there are 32 tiles, then there are sixteen pairs.
Here are the names of the pai gow tiles you should know:
- Gee Joon: One on top and two on bottom/two on top and two on bottom.
- Teen: Both tiles have six on top and six on bottom.
- Day: Both tiles have one on top and one on bottom.
- Yun: Both tiles have four on top and four on bottom.
- Gor: Both tiles have one on top and three on bottom.
- Mooy: Both tiles have five on top and five on bottom.
- Chong: Both tiles have three on top and three on bottom.
- Bon: Both tiles have two on top and two on bottom.
- Foo: Both tiles have five on top and six on bottom.
- Ping: Both tiles have four on top and six on bottom.
- Tit: Both tiles have one on top and six on bottom.
- Look: Both tiles have one on top and five on bottom.
- Chop Gow: Three on top and six on bottom/four on top and five on bottom.
- Chop Bot: Two on top and six on bottom/three on top and five on bottom.
- Chop Chit: Two on top and five on bottom/three on top and four on bottom.
- Chop Ng: One on top and four on bottom/two on top and three on bottom.
Some pairs even have tiles with the same number of dots. However, the dots are arranged in a different pattern such as:
- Eleven of the one six pairs of tiles are identical.
- Five of the one six pairs of tiles are not identical.
- One of the one six pairs does not have the same number of dots on each tile.
This game is both a challenging and a fun game to play. However, not all online casinos have Pai Gow games. The Pai Gow that is known today is incorporated with the all-time casino favourite card game none other than Poker. Pai Gow Poker originated in the United States and it is now played by gamblers around the world.
The online version of Pai Gow games found on online casinos is a whole new experience – without the complicated layouts and such. If Pai Gow doesn’t work out for you, you can try Pai Gow Poker instead.
In Pai Gow Poker, you are dealt with seven cards that you need to split into two hands. One hand will consist of five cards while the other hand will be made up of two hands. In order to win, your five cards should always have a higher rank than your hand of two cards.
Both are fascinating games to play because they are special in their own ways. To know Pai Gow better, try playing the traditional Chinese game at an online casino that has it. Make sure the casino is reputable when you play Pai Gow or Pai Gow Poker for real money.