Baccarat isn’t a complicated game. If you are the type of player that prefers fast-paced casino table games, then this game is definitely for you. To ensure your enjoyment when you play Baccarat at an online casino, you need to remember these general rules:
The objective of Baccarat
You are generally dealt with a 52-card deck in Baccarat depending on the casino and the game variant. The game starts with two cards for both the player and the banker. The goal of every Baccarat game is for the total of your cards to be as close to nine as possible. The easiest way to win is for your cards to have a natural nine. You typically get a natural nine when you get cards such as five and four.
In Baccarat, you can either choose to bet on the player’s hand or the banker’s hand. You can also risk by placing tie bets if you want a bigger payout. You must place bets before the face-down cards are revealed.
Counting the card value
Always remember that cards from two to nine are always equal to their value. Tens and face cards like King, Queen, and Jack are worth zero points. Ace cards are worth one point.
For example, you bet on the player’s hand and your cards are eight and nine, their total would be seventeen. You take out ten and the new total would be seven. You win if the total of the banker’s hand is only five. If both the player and the banker have the same amount of points, it will result in a tie.
- If neither the player nor the banker has a natural or a tie from the two cards, an additional card will be drawn. The maximum cards dealt in Baccarat is usually only three for every round.
- If the total of your two cards is seven or six, there is no need to draw an additional card.
- If the total of your two cards is zero or five, an additional card will be drawn. If the dealer has seven, eight, or nine, there is no need to draw an additional card.
- If the dealer has six and your third card is six or seven, an additional card will be drawn.
- If the dealer has five and your third card is four or seven, an additional card will be drawn.
- If the dealer has four and your third card is two or seven, an additional card will be drawn.
- If the dealer has three and your third card is anything but eight, an additional card will be drawn.
Learning how to play casino Baccarat may be anything but complicated, but knowing how the game works is vital. Baccarat doesn’t just rely on luck, you have to play smart as well. One of the effective ways for you to enjoy the game is being dependent not just on your knowledge, but how you place your bets as well.